Valley Vista Camp
532 Valley Vista Ln. Huttonsville, WV 26273
Find out more at:
Pathfinders are a worldwide organization of young people sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, though young people of any religious persuasion, or none at all, are welcome and encouraged to join the organization.
Pathfinders offer a wide range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Camping & camping/survival skills
- Grade appropriate leadership training
- Activities promoting community pride & involvement through outreach activities such as helping in downtown soup kitchens, collecting food for the disadvantaged, cleaning & maintaining city and county parks, visiting and encouraging the elderly, and MANY more
- Interactive training in a variety of recreational, artistic, nature, conservation, vocational, and outreach areas, with awards (honors) given for successful completion of the interactive training modules
- Personal care and encouragement by a caring staff member! While many school classrooms have 10-30 students per teacher, Pathfinders offers AT LEAST a 1 staff member to every 5 Pathfinder.
The Adventurer program was created to assist parents in their important responsibilities as a child’s primary teachers and evangelizers. The program aims to strengthen the parent/child relationship and to further the child’s development in spiritual, physical, mental, and social areas. Through the Adventurer Program, the church, home, and school can work together with the parent to develop a mature, happy child.
The Adventurer Club was created to give children an opportunity to belong to an organized peer group. To join, children are invited to participate in various activities which will improve their social skills. The Adventurer Club involves children in grades 1-4 and their parents. The programming and planning for Adventurers should be simple and short, but creative. Parental involvement provides opportunities for parents to participate in the learning experience
Highland Adventist School
We are an accredited K through 12th grade Christian School Located at:
Highland Adventist School
777 Kennedy Drive
Elkins, WV 26241
For more information:
God’s Closet is a ministry of Adventist Community Services that engages Seventh-day Adventist churches throughout North America in service to their communities. We collect new and gently used children’s clothes and shoes, then once a quarter we have a Free Shop-day Event and give the clothes out free!!! Only a small entrance fee is charged per family (usually $1.00).
There are no requirements to receive donations from God’s Closet. If you are a family in need of clothes for your little ones, we invite you to join us for our Free Shop-day Event where you can take “free of charge” clothes for your children. Please check our Upcoming Events page.
God’s Closet offers clothes for children from newborn to teenager.
We are always in need of donated clothing. If you would like to help and be a blessing to a family in need by donating your gently used children’s clothes and shoes, please contact us. We need all the help we can get!
God’s Closet cannot exist without your donations.
Volunteers are always welcome too!
If you would like more information or would like to donate to God's Closet contact Becca Jacko at: 304-642-1429
Or Visit us on facebook by clicking the icon below:
New Start Thrift Shop